Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Ok, so I hope I don't sound terribly anti holiday here, but Thanksgiving really is not my favorite holiday.  I think I'd have to say Christmas is by far my favorite time of the year as far as holidays go.  We did have a good Thanksgiving, don't get me wrong.  We spent the afternoon at a friends house and my mom and stepdad were in for the week visiting.  Sometimes I just feel like all the holidays bring anymore is a bunch of stress.  Everyone is so caught up in buying presents, preparing food, shopping that we forget the true meaning of the holidays. I think as I get older it has become easier for me to say NO to certain things surrounding the holidays that are just going to be more stress that its worth, and say yes to the more important things.  Things that will last, that my kids will remember.  Little family traditions that we've started with them that I want them to pass on to their kids because they want to create memories with their families one day.  I don't want them to think that all Christmas is good for is Santa and presents.  Because that's totally not the point!  I won't even get into my thoughts on Santa.  :) 

Anyway, I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and took some time to really be thankful for everything you have right now.  Here are some pictures of our little Thanksgiving.

ps.  Be on the lookout this week for the opening of my Etsy shop.  Barring any major issues, I should be ready to launch my site this week sometime!!

1 comment :

lisa young said...

Michelle,
Thanks for another terrific post. I have to admit though that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday next to the 4th of July. It may seem anti-Christian but it really doesn't have anything to do with that. In fact, I like Thanksgiving because it is all about family, friends, football, food and last but definitely not least, faith. I love that we (who are in ministry) aren't scrambling for services or juggling children to parties and such. It is a stay at home or go to relatives/friends kind of holiday. And, it is all about thanking GOD for His blessings, big or small.
Fourth of July is just a great memory for me with the patriotism my dad passed down to us. I love the documentaries about past wars and heroes that paid for our freedom. I love the challenge to teach our children what America is all about and how important it is that we stay abreast of all that is going on in the world as it relates to our freedom.
Anyway, Christmas is coming and I will love all that it brings but I really am thankful for Thanksgiving.
Keep the great posts coming.
Lisa

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!