Wednesday, November 6, 2013

You Really Shouldn't Say The First Thing That Pops Into Your Head

My hair is almost completely gray - and very curly.  I started noticing gray hairs in high school.  One or two here and there, but I would always just yank them out.  As I got a little older and the gray seemed to multiply, I started coloring my hair.  Not so much because I didn't like my gray, but just to change things up.  About two years ago, I decided I wanted to grow my hair out a little (it's been very short for some time now) AND I was going to let my gray grow out with it.  Well, it was a little shocking to see just how gray I really am - and that's mostly.  But I really love it.  I'm 38 and nearly, completely gray.  I actually have some totally white highlights in the front.

So, I've gotten used to it and actually really love it, but it still strikes me as so funny when I get random questions about it.  People are quite bold - welcome to the Northeast.
"What color do I dye it to get it that color?"
"How old are you?"
"Did I do that on purpose?"
My very recent favorite - "Did you forget to wash out your halloween costume?" - In his defense, he was about 75, and I don't think he meant to be rude.

And then of course I get the "nice" comments from people that actually like it.  Honestly, the comments don't bother me anymore.  My hair is unique - a total reflection of me!  People are just jealous that's all. :)

Plus, isn't there something about gray hair and wisdom?

See you soon
-M

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!