Sunday, November 3, 2013

It's Not That Hard

Why do we always seem to make things so difficult?  Sometimes we overthink something - a process, a task, a chore, whatever.  Instead of just sucking it up and doing it, we complain or try to think of 1000 other ways to do it so it won't be so unenjoyable. There is a learning and growing process to everything we do.  If we are complaining through the "whatevers" we are missing the point.  How much different would the "chore" turn out to be, if we just said - This has to get done, so I'm gonna do it to the best of my ability and learn from it in the process.  We can learn how to do it better next time, what didn't work that we thought might have.  There are always going to be things that we will have to do that we may not want to, or will be uncomfortable for us.  But those are times that we should attack the situation head on, because those are the moments that bring the most personal growth.

I can speak from personal experience - Over the last 10 years, I have been put in situations that are out of my comfort zone again and again.  I could've just said - No, I'm not doing that.  But where would that have gotten me?  Instead I chose to look at each situation as a learning process.  I may not see the growth right away, but I can tell you that I am a completely different person than I was 10 years ago - for the better.  I have had great leaders and mentors that taught me that it's ok to get out of your comfort zone.  You actually NEED to do it.  I still don't always like being in a situation that is out of my comfort zone, but I know that there is a growing season that will result from it. And I hope that most of us can say that we want to be a better person tomorrow than we are today.  So the next time, you are in a situation at work, church, home, wherever - maybe your boss is wanting you to do something you don't think you can do.  Maybe there is a reason he is asking you to do it - he seems something in you that you don't.  Do it to the best of your ability - learn from your mistakes - do it better next time - and be a better person for it.

Just my 2 cents this Sunday morning.  Have a great day
See you soon
M

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!