Thursday, November 14, 2013

Accepting The Challenge

I tend to be a glass half empty kind of person.  That's not something I'm really all that proud of.  My first reaction is to find the problems.  So I am trying to make a conscious effort to find the good in situations.  I do believe that you can find the good in most situations.  Bad, crappy, unfair things are going to happen - sometimes more than we think is our fair share. but that just makes it more of a challenge to find the good things.  And once I start highlighting the good, it becomes easier to focus on the good instead of the bad.  Plus, I have a husband who can find the good in a pile of dog poo...most days.

It's kind of a personal challenge actually.  When I start wanting to complain, I use that as a reminder to instead look for something positive.

I have this one customer at work, she is always so nice, so friendly - she is such a joy.  I love when she comes in because we just chat for a minute and she reminds me that all is not lost.  LOL  Seriously, though, she inspires me to be better.

Are you a glass half empty or half full?

See you Soon
-M

1 comment :

Sara said...

I can totally relate to what you have written. I have a tendency to imagine worst case scenario in any given situation. I don't really know why BUT I have been working to do the opposite and assume the best every time I have a chance even if I feel silly. It's like my new mantra!: Assume the best!! :)

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!