Saturday, January 25, 2014

Valentine Craft Party

I thought it would be fun to host a little craft party at my house.  A way to break up the winter blues and make a fun little Valentine craft.

Here are the details, should you be interested in hosting one of your own.

I didn't want to go overboard with this.  The main purpose was just to get some friends together, have some food, a few drinks, and make something fun.  I did not spend a bunch of time cooking food for this.

Cocktails were easy peasy -
cranberry juice, sierra mist, rum, pineapple juice.  Easy, pretty and YUMMY Valentines Day drink.  I typically don't like the taste of alcohol unless it is very diluted with juice or whatever - so this was good to me.

Friends - I invited 10 people and told everyone they could invite 1 other person.  My house is not that big, and I wanted everyone to be able to craft in the same room and not be split up all over the house.  There ended up being 9 of us, and we fit perfectly in my dining room with a little room to spare.

Decorations - I did not go overboard here... Simple heart garlands in the dining room, clings on the windows, fresh flowers, pretty paper plates, napkins etc.  Easy

Craft - since I was buying the supplies for this, I did need to get an accurate head count.  So I made sure to get a yes or no from everyone I invited.  I had everyone bring $5 to pay for the craft.

Here are some pics from the party, it really was a lot of fun.  It's always nice to get a group of friends together just to chat and not worry about anything else for a little bit.  The fact that we got to make a cute little bag and drink some rum punch - Bonus!  :)











Now to plan the next one... I just need a bigger space so we can have more people!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!