Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In Honor of My 8 Year Old

Well today is our youngests 8th birthday.. I know it's so cliche, but time FLIES!!  I remember so clearly her baby stage like it was yesterday.  That's probably because she was the world's worst baby.  Maybe that's mean, but whew she gave us a run for our money that's for sure.  As a matter of fact, Rylie is still giving us a run for our money.  LOL 

Our girls are so different.  They might look alike, but that's about as far as it goes.  When Rylie was a baby she cried for the first year of her little life.  She wouldn't sleep, she was a bad eater and all she wanted to do was cry and be held.  And worse, she wanted to be held by her daddy which didn't work out so well for me since her daddy worked all day.  So she would spend entire days strapped to my chest in one of those sling things.  Brandon would walk through the door and I would hand her over and the crying would stop.  It was frustrating and endearing all at the same time.  To this day Rylie is still a daddy's girl.  If she has a booboo she wants her daddy, when she gets home from school its "when is daddy getting home?"

Rylie is independant, friendly, adventurous, sensitive, cranky, whiny, shy, happy, curious (ill have to write about the time she drank carpet cleaner), clumsy - the poor kid has cracked her head more times than I can count, affectionate.  She gets in trouble at school and doesn't pay attention (i blame brandon for that). 

I just can't believe Rylie is 8!  I love to watch her change and grow, but it makes me sad too.  Pretty soon we'll be looking back talking about - remember when rylie did this or that??  With Rylie around our lives are definitely not boring.  She is random and funny and keeps us on our toes.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for her!

So here's to you Rylie - we love you!

1 comment :

Tina said...

Aw. So sweet! Happy Birthday Rylie!
We love you!

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!