Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kids & Doing The Right Thing

Our family has been very active in church since forever... Our kids have grown up in church - that's just how it is.  It is not about a religion for us, it's about a relationship with Christ, loving others, serving others - but that's another whole post for another day.  :)
We don't go to church so we can check off our to do list for the week.  It's a part of who we are.  And we are seeing the fruits of our labor with our girls.  Brandon and I are very much what you see is what you get kind of people.  We don't put on a show at church for everyone to see and then live completely different lives through the week, and our girls see that consistency.  I have written before about building Godly character in our girls, and teaching them to love others - treat people how you would want to be treated regardless of how they treat you.

Just the other day, someone needed us to do a favor for them.  It frustrated me because we were already running a little behind schedule, wasn't there someone else who could do it, we don't have time etc etc. I acted just the opposite of how I should have acted.  My 13 year old said - Mom, we are blessed to be a blessing - and helping them out would be the right thing to do.   Talk about being put in your place by your kid!  But on the other hand, it makes me proud that she is taking a stand for what she believes in, what we are trying to teach them.  There are plenty of rough days, trust me.   But these little moments remind me that it's all worth it.  We want our girls to be world changers, Christ followers who love Him and love others and do their part to make a difference in the world.  Now, if I could get her to show God's love to her sister everyday I'd really be winning the battle!

-M


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!