Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's The Little Things

I had coffee with a friend this morning.  Can I first just say that I don't do that enough... It was cold and snowy and I had worked late and was tired, but I'm so glad we got together.  It's so refreshing to be around someone who builds you up...

Anyway, we got talking about trusting God.  She commented on how if we can trust God for the big things in our lives, why do we have so much trouble trusting him for the little things.  This is often what happens in my own life.  I can and do pray over the big stuff, but when it comes to the little stuff, I don't even bother God with that.  Why is that?  Surely God cares about my littles as much as my bigs.

Maybe sometimes it's easy to pray over the bigs because on one hand, maybe it's so big that God is the only one that can come to the rescue.  Or maybe it's so big that we don't really have the faith to believe that God can do anything about it, but what the heck..

Maybe all the little stuff is so little that I can figure it out on my own.  But God wants to be a part of everything.  I am learning that - especially over this last year.  God cares about every part of my life.  He has a big plan and a purpose for me.  I am doing my best every day and learning to trust Him and His timing through it all.

What are you not giving to God?  What are you trying to deal with on your own?  You don't have to and God doesn't want you to.

1 Peter 5:7 says - Give ALL your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
It doesn't say some of your worries and cares.  Let God take care of it and just see what happens!

-M


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!