Monday, October 17, 2011

Table Lamp

I got the idea for this lamp at Not Just a Housewife.  The minute I saw it, I knew I had to make one.    I did not, however attempt to make a hand painted lampshade.  LOL

For the lampshade, I just hot glued clothesline rope all the way around all the way up - I used a lampshade that I already had.  I tea stained the rope so that it would look more like twine.  I know, I know - it probably would have been easier to just buy twine.  But I already had the rope and I wanted to finish the lamp.  The wood was all scrap wood that we cut different sizes and drilled holes in.  I already had the stain (Minwax Dark Walnut)
The only thing I had to purchase for this project was the lamp kit, which was around $10 at Lowes.

This lamp will also be part of my Master Bedroom Makeover which is coming along nicely!



The pictures are unedited because I was having Picasa issues.  Seems like I always have picture issues... what can I say, I'm not a photographer.  :)

The side table was a previous Master Bedroom Makeover post.  Bedroom is coming along nicely.  Next big project is to paint our bureau and dresser.  I have 2 50% off coupons from Michaels, so I think I am going to get some spray paint from there for the dressers.
Happy Monday everyone!!

Michelle

2 comments :

Katie said...

I have always admired that lamp she did and your looks just as beautiful! I am not brave enough to attempt that hand painted shade either :) I LOVE the way your lamp shade turned out. Great idea!

Jamie said...

This came out really cute!

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!