Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bedroom Makeover Post #1

I have a feeling there is going to be like 100 posts by the time I am completely done with the master bedroom. :)
I spent the weekend painting and getting some stuff done while my husband was out of town.  I finally got the girls bathroom painted.  I put that off for way too long.  There is just a bit of trim touch up to do, but other than that I'm done!

Then I spent some time painting the wall behind our bed.  I really love how it came out.  I did make one teeny tiny mistake.  It's not really noticeable, which is good, because I really didn't want to re-do the whole wall.  I figured out where the stripes were going to be by making pencil marks on the wall so I could apply my tape line straight across.  I put the tape on and painted.  When it came time to take the tape off, I realized that I had put the tape on the inside of the pencil marks instead of the outside.  Whoopsie... who does that anyway?  ME - that's who.  I was so irritated that I did that.  But because of the colors, you can't really tell that the grey stripes are slightly larger than the blue stripes.  And if anyone does ever notice, I'll just tell them that's the look I was going for anyway.

The blue paint was also an oops paint that I found at Lowes.  It is Valspar and I got a gallon of it for $5!  Loving oops paint.  I mixed the blue with some grey, because it was really robin egg blue, and I felt like it was a little too bright.  The grey helped tone it down a little.

Did you know that if you put horizontal stripes on a wall in a small room it helps to make the room feel bigger?  I was not aware of that, but once I found out I knew I was going to do large horizontal stripes.  Because we do have a very small master bedroom.

Next on my list is the headboard.  I have finally figured out what I am going to do.  Stay tuned for bedroom makeover post #2...

There is no before picture of the wall, but it was just a plain white wall... nothing very exciting

Happy Weekend!


The picture is not great, I had to take it with my phone, but you get the idea - I hope




Michelle

7 comments :

Tina said...

That's the same with a shirt. Horizontal stripes make you look bigger...

Tina said...

PS I hope you got a picture of the big picture so you can really tell how "bad" the before was :)

Pink Lady said...

Very cool, I'm always so afraid to do stripes, but maybe I'll give it a try.

Pink Lady said...

Btw... Stopping by from a bowl full of lemons linky party.

Nellene said...

Great start. What fun colors to have in your room especially during the winter! I don't know what your bedding plan is but I saw some great sets over at West Elm that would look fabulous against that wall.

Lindsay said...

That looks so great! I love the color that you chose! Very nicely done! Thanks so much for linking up at Show & Share! SO happy that you did!

Chris said...

Hi Michelle, sounds like you have a rather big project on the go. Looking forward to seeing the finished job. Thanks for sharing. I recently found your blog and am now following. Please pop on over to mine and perhaps you would like to follow me also. I would really like that. Hugs, Chris

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!