Thursday, December 2, 2010

White Bean Hummus

I'm not usually a fan of hummus, but we were at the cheesecake factory one day and I loved their white bean hummus.  So I searched for a recipe that matched it.  I think I could eat this all day long, and it's good for you too!  Bonus  :)


White Bean  Hummus
1/4 c. chopped green onions - my fav kind of onion by the way
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs tahini paste - I found mine at sprouts, specialty stores would prob. sell it
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp salt - adjust to your taste
1/8 tsp pepper
1 19oz can of cannellini beans or other white beans drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove

Combine everything in a food processor until smooth with some olive oil for easy blending and enjoy with homemade pita chips.  Seriously so good!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!