Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Friday

This past Friday Brandon and I spend most of the afternoon in a tattoo parlor.  I've wanted another tattoo for awhile and I've known what I wanted, it was just a matter of actually doing it.  I know tattoos aren't for everyone, but I think there is just something so neat about having an artists work on you.  LOL

 I finally decided to make the leap.  It's on my back, so I wanted to do it before summer so it's all healed and pretty before tank top season gets here.  The guy that did my tattoo, Matty was great.  I was nervous going into this one, just cuz it is so much bigger, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would.  It did hurt ALOT though.  I go back to have color added in a couple of weeks.  I can't wait for the finished product.

So on top of this tattoo being feminine and pretty, it also has a meaning.  The flowers are dogwoods, I wanted a dogwood branch to symbolize the cross, and the butterflies represent being a new creation in Christ.  Based on 2 Corinthians 5:17 in the Bible.  I like to have tattoos that are pretty but also mean something.  I have 2 small flowers on my wrist that are for both my girls - they are colored with each of their birthstone colors.  And then I have a cross on my ankle.  So anyway, am I done with tattoos?  Probably not, but you never know.  I do have one more in mind that I know I want for sure, but after that who knows?  If something jumps out at me that I just have to have, well...

Here is a picture of my latest one without the color.  I'll update once my color has been added...

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!