Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving and Stuff

How was everyone's holiday?  We spent ours in a cozy little cabin in Oklahoma.  We missed the best part of the leaves changing by a couple of weeks,  but it was still so pretty.  We spent a week in OK just doing a bunch of nothing.  Well, actually, we did some exploring - the windy roads through a mountainy area that was so pretty, so I had to take a few pictures.  We played ALOT of games, roasted marshmallows around a campfire, explored the state park where we were staying, did some shopping, went bowling, tried new restaurants... it was a very enjoyable vacation.  A good time to ourselves to enjoy eachothers company.  Take a look at some of the pics below.

On a different topic, what's everyone doing this year for teacher's gifts for Christmas?  I think I know what I'm going to do, but I always love hearing what other people are doing.  We've got quite a few teachers this year, and I always try to do something nice for the bus drivers too... I think last  year I just did baked goodies for everyone.  Which I think I still might do this year, but I am also thinking of making magnets for all the teachers too - with those glass beads that you buy from the floral section at hobby lobby.  Do you think that's a good teacher gift?  I like to do homemade, but I want it to be something they will use. 


Anyway, have a great Monday everyone! 







 
Our cabin


It's hard to tell, but this was an eagle!  I promise







Michelle

1 comment :

Tina said...

That vacation sounds really great! Almost looks like you guys were the only ones out there.
We usually get Evan's teacher and the crossing guard that walks him to school gift certificates. (one time Old Navy since I saw them both shopping there before). :) But not sure what we'll do this year.

Post a Comment

Let's get to know each other, please leave a comment!